lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2017

Post 7 - An Expert on my field

There are a lot of people that I admire: musicians, artists, academics, etc. But there is an expert on the psychology field who I really like, He is Lev Vygotsky 

Vygotsky was born in 1896 and died in 1934. He was an important Soviet developmental psychologist, because he proposed a theory of the development of "higher psychological functions", and also he introduces the notion of the zone of proximal development, which is the difference what a child can do without help and what he cannot do. This concept is able of describing the potential of human cognitive development. 

His work include books as "Tool and symbol in child development", "Thinking and Speech", "Educational Psychology", and my favorite: "Mind in Society: The Development of Higher Psychological Processes"

I really like him because in my opinion he are important for the developmental psychologist and the educational work; and actually Vygotsky’s works is used in a lot of educational establishment where his method helps to promote the personal Childs development. 

1 comentario: